Gospel of John
We would strongly encourage you to personally examine the claims of Jesus Christ for yourself. Many people reject Biblical Christianity without ever considering what the Bible actually says about Jesus Christ.
We would challenge you to objectively examine the
evidence. We would suggest that you simply read the Gospel of John, which
is one of the 66 Books of the Bible. It is not a long book. It consists of
21 chapters. If you carefully read a chapter a day it would take less than
a month to finish the book. It is best to take your time and read it
slowly and thoughtfully. There is no need to rush.
For an online Gospel of John: Gospel of John
As you read, pay special attention to the following:
1) Who is Jesus Christ? What does the Gospel of John tell us about who He is? Who does Jesus claim to be? Was He merely a good teacher or prophet, or was He more than this?
2) According to the words of Jesus Christ Himself, what can He do for the human heart?
3) What is eternal life and how can it be obtained?
After you have finished reading the Gospel of John, we would like to hear from you.
Did you find the Gospel of John helpful? Do you have any questions about what you have read? Who do you think Jesus Christ really is? Do you want to come to know Him as your personal Saviour? We would like to help you in any way that we can and we hope to hear from you.
After you have finished reading the Gospel of John, we have a Bible study which you can do which will help you to remember some of the things which you have already read. This study is found below or it is also available on the following link:
Gospel of John Bible Study
The purpose of this study: This brief Bible study is designed to bring a person through God’s simple plan of salvation using only the Gospel of John. When a Gospel of John is handed out to a person, it is a good idea to give the person this study along with it. The study was written in such a way (question/answer format) that the person can see for themselves what the Bible really says about who Jesus Christ is, what He has done for us and the necessity of putting our faith in Him.
For the person doing this study: Please answer the following questions by looking up the Bible verses which are given, all of which can be found in the Gospel of John. If you wish you may send this study to us and we would be happy to correct it for you and send you additional Bible study materials. Our address:
The Middletown Bible Church
349 East Street
Middletown, CT 06457
Gospel of John Bible Study
For this Gospel of John Study in a printable PDF Format, click here.
Your name and mailing address (please print clearly):
1. WHY was the Gospel of John written (John 20:31)?
2. WHO is Jesus Christ?
JOHN 1:1 _______________________________________________________
JOHN 1:3 _______________________________________________________
JOHN 4:42 ______________________________________________________
JOHN 10:11 _____________________________________________________
JOHN 10:30 _____________________________________________________
JOHN 11:27 _____________________________________________________
JOHN 19:19 _____________________________________________________
JOHN 20:28 _____________________________________________________
JOHN 20:31 _____________________________________________________
3. Let us consider some of the great “I AM” verses found in John’s Gospel. Again and again Jesus said, “I AM...”
JOHN 6:35 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 8:12 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 10:9 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 10:11 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 11:25 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 14:6 I AM _________________________________________________
JOHN 8:58—“BEFORE ABRAHAM WAS, ____ ______.”
4. The problem of SIN. Do men love the light and come to the light or would men rather stay in darkness (John 3:19-20)? __________________________________________________ How does God describe the “deeds” of these people (John 3:19)? ________________ According to the Lord Jesus, how many people really keep God’s holy law (such as the 10 Commandments) perfectly (John 7:19)? _________________ How many people are without any sin (John 8:7-10)? _________________ Who is a servant or slave of sin (John 8:34)? ______________________________________________________ Who is the only one who can set a person free from sin (John 8:36)? __________________________
5. God has done something very wonderful for sinful man! “The Word was made (became) _________________ and dwelt among us” (John 1:14). God became a man and He was sent to be the S_________________________ of the world (John 4:42). Did He come on a mission of judgment or on a mission of salvation (John 3:17)? ________________________________________ God loved you so much that He did something very costly for you. What did He do (John 3:16 and see also John 19:18 and 19:30)? _______________________________________________________________
Christ died for our sins! He took our place! God’s wrath and punishment against sin fell upon Him! He was the sinner’s Substitute! Did Jesus really die on the cross (John 19:32-35)? _______ Did He really come back from the dead (John chapters 20 and 21)? _______ Did “Doubting Thomas” become “Convinced Thomas” (John 20:24-29)? _______ Why was Thomas convinced (John 20:29)? _______________________________________________ Has God given to you enough information to BELIEVE the very thing Thomas was convinced of (John 20:29-31)? _________
6. Is there really such a place as HEAVEN (John 14:1-3)? ________ What is the only way to get there (John 14:6)? ___________________________________________ Who is the only One who can give peace to the troubled heart (John 14:27)? ________________________ Who is the only One who can give joy to the downcast soul (John 15:11)? ____________________________
7. What is ETERNAL LIFE (John 17:3)? _____________________________________________________________________
What must a person do to have eternal life?
John 3:36 _______________________________________________________
John 5:24 _______________________________________________________
John 6:35,37 ____________________________________________________
John 6:47 _______________________________________________________
John 11:25-26 ____________________________________________________
A person can either receive Jesus Christ by faith (John 1:12) or a person can reject the Saviour by not receiving Him (John 1:11). WHICH HAVE YOU DONE?
8. What will happen to those who do not believe on Christ and who refuse to put their full trust in Him?
John 8:24 ____________________________________________________________
John 3:36 ____________________________________________________________
John 5:28-29 _________________________________________________________
John 3:16 ____________________________________________________________
TRUE or FALSE: _________________ Unbelievers are CONDEMNED ALREADY! (John 3:18-19).
9. Read JOHN 3:16 and put your own name in the blanks: “For God so loved _________________________ that He gave His only begotten Son for _______________________ that if ______________________________believes in Him,
____________________________ will not perish, but ________________________will have everlasting life.”
10. How can you be a true disciple of Jesus Christ (John 8:31)? __________________________________________________________________
We here at the Middletown Bible Church would want to do all we can to encourage you to go in God’s direction and have His highest and best for your life. Please check what you would want (you may check more than one):
______ Please correct this Bible study.
______ Please send me more Bible study sheets.
______ Please answer my questions which I have enclosed or attached.
______ Please send me more information about salvation and eternal life.
______ I would like to make an appointment to talk to the Pastor.
PLEASE RETURN THIS TO THE ADDRESS GIVEN AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS STUDY.
|The Middletown Bible Church
349 East Street
Middletown, CT 06457