The Teachings of
and the extreme teachings of J. D. Faust
For Further Study
1. Of historical interest is William Kelly’s review of a tract entitled, The Prize of Our High Calling by J. Sladen. Kelly’s review was reprinted by R.A. Heubner in the Sept/Oct 1995 issue of Thy Precepts. Sladen’s position of many years ago is remarkably similar to the position of Hodges and Dillow. As one reads Kelly’s answer to Sladen, it is almost as if he is responding to Hodges and Dillow. The similarities are striking. If you would like a copy of this paper, contact George Zeller at the Middletown Bible Church.
2. Also of historical interest is the paper by William Hoste (easly 1900's) entitled Who Will Share in the Kingdom? This also is an answer to the same kind of teaching being promoted by Hodges and Dillow and the Grace Evangelical Society. It reminds us that some of the important doctrinal battles which were fought in previous generations are still being fought today. Hoste demonstrates that it is Biblically unthinkable to suggest the possibility that there will be a group of saved saints that will not inherit the kingdom. If you would like a copy of this paper, contact George Zeller at the Middletown Bible Church.
3. Dispensational DisintegrationThe Reign of the Servant Kings, a critique of Joseph Dillows book by Miles Stanford. May be obtained through an Internet search.
3. "The Overcomer of the Apocalypse," by James E. Rosscup, Grace Theological Journal 3.2 (1982) 261-86. An excellent study showing that all true believers are overcomers.
5. Basic Doctrines for New Believers, 100 pages of doctrinal worksheets for new believers, dealing with many of the issues touched upon in this paper. Available for $2.00 from the Middletown Bible Church, 349 East Street, Middletown, CT 06457.
6. AssuranceYou Can Know Youre A Christian, by R.Gene Reynolds (a study on assurance of salvation based upon the epistle of 1 John), available from Calvary Baptist Church, 1822 West Tenth St., Dallas, TX 75208-5799.
7. Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth by C.I. Scofield. See especially the chapter on "Believers and Professors."
8. The Epistle of JamesTests of a Living Faith by D. Edmond Hiebert (Moody Press).
9. The Epistles of JohnAn Expositional Commentary by D. Edmond Hiebert (Bob Jones University Press).
We have a number of documents which evaluate the teachings of Hodges, Dillow, Wilkin (GES) and others who hold to similar teachings. Please consider the following:
Return to Index Page
The Middletown Bible Church
|Back to Other Articles on Hodges, Dillow, Wilkin and Faust|